Aromatherapy uses essential oils that are thought to have healing properties. These oils are the concentrated essences taken from the flowers, fruit, seeds, leaves and bark of certain plants. There are about 400 essential oils, but only about 40 are commonly used in aromatherapy. Aromatherapists believe aromatherapy can boost well being, relieve stress and help to refresh your body.. Aromatherapy massage uses essential oils derived from plants to achieve therapeutic benefits. In aromatherapy massage, essential oils are usually mixed with a carrier oil like sweet almond, apricot kernel, or grapeseed oil. A relaxing aromatherapy massage, for instance, might have lavender or bergamot, while a massage for sore muscles might include peppermint and eucalyptus. Before your first aromatherapy massage session, your massage therapist will conduct an initial consultation with you to learn about your desired outcome. They might ask about the current state of your work life, home life, physical health and mental state to learn about what you need.
How does aromatherapy work?
There are a couple of theories to explain how aromatherapy might work. The first is that you directly absorb the oils through the skin into your bloodstream. The oil can then travel through your body and have an effect on a specific organ or function in your body.
Aromatherapy massage is the alternative therapeutic technique which combines the natural therapeutic properties of the essential oils and the healing power of massage therapy. Aromatherapy massage is performed on nude clients; however the therapist will leave the room so that you can undress in privacy. Aromatherapy massage not only has powerful physical, emotional and mental effects but it is also described as a great relaxing and rejuvenating experience. The benefits of aromatherapy massage affect a wide range of health conditions of nervous, circulatory, lymphatic, immune and muscular systems. Aromatherapy massage is a pleasant method for mental clarity, relaxation, stress and headaches alleviation.
What can I expect during an aromatherapy massage?
After the consultation, one or more essential oils are selected based on what you need and are mixed in with the massage oil or lotion.
The subtle aroma of the essential oils fill the air around you during the massage.
AROMATHERAPY FULL BODY MASSAGE BENEFITS:
* Relaxes, balances and harmonizes the body.
* Reduces stress.
* Strengthens the entire body and supports the body in its own healing process.
* Encourages a healthy immune system to fight infection.
Indian Head Massage
Know the benefits. The therapeutic benefits of the Indian head massage are comprehensive, suggesting that you make it a part of your overall health routines. They include:
- Relief from pain and stiffness in the muscles of the face, neck, upper back, and shoulders.
- Increased mobility of the neck joints.
- Relief from tension and hangover headaches, eye strain, TMJ, and nasal congestion
- Renewed energy.
- Reduction of depression, anxiety, and other stress-related issues
- Higher levels of creativity, clarity, and concentration, and better memory.
- A sense of tranquility, calmness, and positive well-being.
- Sound, restful sleep that leaves you refreshed.
- Deeper, calmer respiratory system.
- Stronger immune system.
- Improved skin tone, health, and colour.
- Healthy hair and scalp.
- Increased self esteem and self worth with greater self awareness
- Balanced chakras.